|Plan Bee: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About the Hardest-Working Creatures on the Planet|
Whether you're thinking of becoming a beekeeper yourself or you'd rather just admire honeybees from a distance, this whimsical guide to all things bee is filled with fascinating facts, inspiring insights, expert recipes, and all sorts of offbeat projects.
Inside you'll discover:
- who's who in the hive—how to spot drones, the queen, and her servants
- what Africanized "killer bees" are really like
- the latest on Colony Collapse Disorder and other threats to the honeybee
- how bees "saved America" and other honeybee history
- the ins and outs of making and using honey, pollen, and beeswax
- tasty honey recipes
- tips for helping honeybees in your own neck of the woods
- how to whip up beeswax soap
- the secret behind those crazy bee beards
- and much more!